- Frustrated with the big words and mounds of paperwork involved in buying a home?
- Tired to throwing money away on rent while you get ready to purchase a home?
- Overwhelmed with opinions from every direction on how to buy a home?
Here are three of the top mistakes we help our clients to avoid in the Path to Homeownership program.
- Making decisions too fast, without enough information. Buying a home, whether you are getting a bank loan now or starting a rent to own program where you will complete your purchase soon, is a huge commitment. Make sure you work with a housing counselor or Realtor who takes the time to answer all of your questions, and to even bring up questions you may have not thought to ask.
” Just over a year ago my wife Ida and I were stuck in what appeared to us as a never ending stream of bad choices and bad luck. The house we had built together had been foreclosed, we were both driving cars that were ready to die at any moment.
While out driving looking for a place to rent we happened across a cute little house with a good size yard with a sign that read for rent/sale. Thinking that calling this number would be a waste of time due to bad credit we took a chance and called.
Once we made an appointment to see the house we were told that if we were willing to follow the instructions to the letter for renting the house we could own it in about a year. At this point in our life we figured we didn’t have anything to loose so we jumped in feet first.
After several months of on time rent payments and working with the credit folks we were starting to see some improvement in our credit.
In less than a year we had followed every instruction and completed everything that we were asked to do and we were able to get a loan for the house and a loan for a new car. This program really works if you let it. Affordable Homes will give you the tools you need to dig yourselves out of a hole but it is up to you to make it happen. You need to do everything that is asked of you and make sure you stay in contact with the good folks at Affordable Homes through out the process and you can turn your life, credit and future around. I am very thankful to all the people at Affordable Homes for helping us to make our future a little brighter.”
Joe and Ida Bowen (Home owners)!
- Not preparing for the best loan option for you. There are many loan options beyond the conventional, such a VA, FHA, credit union loans, and special options for manufactured homes. Most banks, in addition to the minimum down payment and credit score, require certain income amounts and even length of income history. Working with a counselor who can connect you with multiple lenders and provide an honest, expert opinion on the options you have available and not only what needs to be done, but how to do it, can be invaluable.
“The folks at Affordable Homes have consistently and kindly responded to and answered all of our questions and concerns throughout our home buying process. On several occasions, going above and beyond what would normally be expected to be sure that everything was on track. We are very grateful for their help and willingness to work with us to see our purchase through. “
Kevin & Kimberly Abeyta
- Waiting for the “perfect time” to get started. Many, many people reach out to us not realizing they can stop ordinary renting and start on a Path to Homeownership. In our program you not only are on the way to getting your bank loan, you also get monthly option credits as soon as you start, every month you pay your rent on time. You can apply this money towards your down payment, or towards your closing costs when you get a loan. Instead of just throwing all that rent money away, you’re building up hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars, that you can apply towards the purchase of your home.
“Thank you Affordable Home Provider, especially Elizabeth Goforth for helping my family and myself and Wendell Long. Without their help and support it would have been more difficult to obtain an home. The first step toward becoming a homeowner is the best thing that has happened since the military. Again, thank you, Elizabeth and Wendell for everything. “
If you’d like to have a 10-15 minute conversation with a Counselor to discuss any other questions you may have on the Path to Homeownership, call us at 704-900-0404.
Or visit us online, at www.AffordableHomeforU.com to view available properties now.